Inactivation of DNase I

domo via methods%40net.bio.net (by rimask from yahoo.com)
Tue Jun 24 03:24:59 EST 2008

80C for 20 min

"Gouttesoulard Marina - Saint-Beauzire " <marina.gouttesoulard from lonza.com>
wrote in message news:mailman.385.1213106791.3533.methods from net.bio.net...
Hello,
Have you solved your inactivation DNase problem?
I have also a problem in inactivation of DNase. I inactive DNase by heating
step 10min at 75°C. To check if the inactivation is efficient, I add 1ng DNA
in my inactivated sample and I compare the results obtained in PCR with a
control containing 1 ng DNA. There is a shift of 2 cycles with the
inactivated sample. So I think that the Dnase is not totally inactivated and
act on DNA added to destroy it. Have you got some solution to inactivate
Dnase without damage RNA.
Thanks a lot.
rq : the Dnase that I used was the Turbo Dnase from ambion and I already
test the inactivator of ambion's kit.

Marina
> mailto:marina.gouttesoulard from lonza.com
> http://www.lonza.com

This communication and its attachments, if any, may contain confidential and
privileged information the use of
which by other persons or entities than the intended recipient is
prohibited. If you receive this transmission
in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from
your system.