protocol for membrane receptor isolation

Wed Jun 25 05:18:28 EST 2008

Hi Engelbert,

a very nice protocol! It just came right in time as I need to do
similar stuff: I have an antibody against a putative membrane
receptor, so I want to incubate cells first with antobody at 4degC,
then isolate membranes and then pick the antibody, hopefully with a
tree of receptor and downstram proteins attached...

Just wonder if membrane proteins get solubilized without detegent?
Will eg 0.5% TX100 disrupt the antibody-recptor complex?

Many thanks,

Wo