In vitro Assays for suspension cells

Mezencev, Roman via methods%40net.bio.net (by rmezencev3 from gatech.edu)
Wed Jun 25 13:26:43 EST 2008

I would recommend some homogeneous cell proliferation assay, such as resazurin-based assay. Many companies provide ready-to-use reagents (e.g. TOX-8, Sigma). Fluorescence or absorbance can be measured as an assay output. Although some cell counters (Vi-Cell counter Beckman Coulter) measure both total quantity and viability of cells by trypan blue method, I wouldn't recommend this approach.