bacillus subtilis expression protocol

Jayakumar, R via (by R.Jayakumar from
Tue Mar 4 16:20:03 EST 2008

Expression of what enzyme and is the transformed bacteria also Bacillus?
What kind of vector did you use for expression?
Where is the cDNA or gene from (if bacteria, what bacteria)?
What is the promoter you are using to express this gene?
What kind of transformation did you do?
Have you verified for the presence of the plasmid in the transformed
    When posting questions, it will be really helpful if you can give a
detailed outline of your experiment. This will help people to respond

-----Original Message-----
From: methods-bounces from
[mailto:methods-bounces from] On Behalf Of Amr Negm
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2008 7:05 PM
To: methods from
Subject: bacillus subtilis expression protocol

i am ph.D. student and i am working with recombinant production of some
enzymes by bacillus subtilis i have some transformed bacteria and i have
tried someprotocoles for expression but it gives me no results and so i
would be thankful if you help me and provide me with some ideas about
this topic

Amr Negm

Amr Ali Negm
Biochemistry and Molecular biology Institute Universitatsklinikum
Hamburg-Eppendorf Hamburg University
Mobile: +4917664188016 (mobile)
Lab: +49 (0)40428 032387
Fax:+49  (0)40428 032904
Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.  Try
it now.
Methods mailing list
Methods from