DNA Solution - Some Queries

lsl via methods%40net.bio.net (by sioklian from gmail.com)
Tue May 13 06:50:17 EST 2008

Hello. I hope you can help me to solve some of the problems below.
1) We purchase the synthetic oligonucleotides and they claim to have
100uM of DNA. Is this number reliable for each and every batch?
2) If what is claimed by the oligo supplier is not really correct,
usually what is the method you used to prepare certain concentration
of DNA solution (say 10uM)?
3) How to use UV-vis to check the concentration of a DNA solution and
how to calculate the amount of DNA present in the solution? If
possible, any books or references that you can recommend?
Thank you very much for you time.

lsl