Standard Curve vs DDCT

Yvonne Couch via methods%40net.bio.net (by yvonne.couch from dpag.ox.ac.uk)
Fri May 16 11:56:30 EST 2008

Hi guys,

I've recently had some problems getting RNA for some qPCR but my main
problem is that I run a standard curve with all my sets of primers to make
sure I can compare the efficiency of the reaction properly.  With my current
RNA yield I don't have enough to run a standard curve.  There are
differences of opinion in our lab, one person says always run a standard
curve to make sure the efficiency is the comparable and one person says you
don't need a standard curve just use the controls to compare levels and do
Delta:Delta CT.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Yvonne