DNA EXTRACTION

Dunowska, Magda via methods%40net.bio.net (by M.Dunowska from massey.ac.nz)
Tue May 20 19:07:36 EST 2008

Hi,
A friend of mince was working with mollusc tissues, and had a similar problem. He had to abandon any DNA extraction kits and went back to phenol-chloroform extraction and ethanol precipitation. As far as I know, this worked for him. Maybe you could try trizol if you also want proteins?
Magda

Magda Dunowska, LW, PhD
Senior Lecturer in Veterinary Infectious Diseases (Virology)
Institute of Veterinary, Animal and Biomedical Sciences
Te Kura Mâtauranga Kararehe
Massey University
Palmerston North
New Zealand

Phone : (06) 350-5799 ext 7571
Website : http://ivabs.massey.ac.nz

-----Original Message-----
From: methods-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu [mailto:methods-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu] On Behalf Of kamalaker nasani
Sent: Tuesday, 20 May 2008 3:30 p.m.
To: methods from magpie.bio.indiana.edu
Subject: DNA EXTRACTION

I am working wth okra(Bhendi).  As we all know that bhendi will be having
lot of mucelage.  It became a big problem for DNA extration.  And llso for
protein extraction for ELISA.   Please if anybody have any information
related to this please share with me.

Thanx in advance

--
URS
Kamalaker Nasani

"The illiterate of the 21st  Century will not be those
who cannot read or write.  The illiterate will be those
who cannot learn, unlearn  and relearn"
-George Bernard Shaw