Dyeing proteins BEFORE SDS-PAGE

Sudheendra Rao N R via methods%40net.bio.net (by sudhee26 from gmail.com)
Wed May 21 21:49:26 EST 2008

 any help??

http://www.bio.net/bionet/mm/proteins/1994-March/001053.html

Sudheendra.

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 8:58 PM, Dr Engelbert Buxbaum <
engelbert_buxbaum from hotmail.com> wrote:

> Am 11.05.2008, 15:10 Uhr, schrieb Yoram Gerchman <
> gerchman from research.haifa.ac.il>:
>

>> Greetings netters
>> Does anyone know of a suitable protocol for dyeing proteins BEFORE
>> SDS-PAGE
>> electrophoresis? I want to detect the proteins on a surface by dyeing,
>> scrap
>> them and run the gel. I can re-dye the gel with Coomassie in the end.
>> Many thanks
>> Yoram
>>

> That should be possible with non-covalently binding dyes like amidoblack,
> coomassie or Ponceau, provided the surface does not bind them. You may have
> to play a little with the dilution.

Think before agree
Think before you nod
but STOP thinking