IP Protocols and hints

Bean Long via methods%40net.bio.net (by ben.long from yourfinger.anu.edu.au)
Fri May 23 01:44:33 EST 2008

AK wrote:
> I recently succeeded in endogenous co-IP of some erythrocyte
> membrane/peripheral proteins. the protocols and recipes in paper below may
> provide you with beginning at least. as you know IP is trial and error with
> different buffers/ detergents/ etc. However, you mention that you want to
> purify?? this protein by IP? IMHO you may end up wasting a lot of time for
> unusable amount of protein.
> AK

Many thanks AK. I s'pose 'enrich' would be a better word? The hope is to
do a bit of proteomic work and subunit relative abundance analysis on
it. Enough to run relative pure stuff on a gel would be handy. I had a
little play with the Protein G-sepharsoe I found but ended up with
bucket loads of what I assume is Protein G on my gels. I also think it's
a little too old for successful IP, so I'm getting a new batch!

Cheers,

Bean