3 questions

Kamalian, Laleh via methods%40net.bio.net (by L.Kamalian from liverpool.ac.uk)
Fri May 23 05:17:35 EST 2008

I have 3 questions if someone could help me with those please.
1. Could 2 different bands (size wise) be detected for the same protein using poly colonal and monoclonal antibodies?
2.  If the samples are run on electrophoresis for too long, can the size of the protein show difference comparing to the previous (shorter) runs?
3.  In siRNA , I have knock down my gene of interest at the mRNA level (70-80% according to quantitative PCR x2 experiments), but western blot of the same colony cell protein lysates show no or less ( only 30% ) decrement.  Any explanation please?

Thanks
Laleh