Hydroshear DNA

peter via methods%40net.bio.net (by peter.ianakiev from gmail.com)
Fri May 23 08:56:44 EST 2008

On May 23, 9:47 am, Nick Theodorakis <nick.theodora... from gmail.com>
wrote:
> On May 23, 8:34 am, peter <peter.ianak... from gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello guys,
> > I need some expertise in random DNA fragmentation. I was thinking of
> > hydroshearing DNA by passing trough syringe. Does anyone know the
> > diameter of the needle needed to shear the DNA? is there better
> > methods? - any experience is greatly appreciated.
> > Thanks,
> > Peter
>
> How big do you need the pieces to be and what size distribution is
> acceptable?
>
> Nick
>
> --
> Nick Theodorakis
> nick_theodora... from hotmail.com
> contact form:http://theodorakis.net/contact.html

The distribution is not that important , just I need complete random
representation. So far I am doin low complexity libraries, when I go
to human DNA, then I will have to get it into the tight range say 0.5
to 2 kb.
-Peter