Problems using pGEX - other expression vector?

Carmen P Pena Diaz via methods%40net.bio.net (by C.P.Pena-Diaz from 2006.hull.ac.uk)
Sat Nov 1 06:31:33 EST 2008

But is your problem about expression or about cloning?

-----Original Message-----
From: methods-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu on behalf of Daniela Schwoerer
Sent: Wed 29/10/2008 09:51
To: methods from magpie.bio.indiana.edu
Subject: Problems using pGEX - other expression vector?

Hi everyone,

I tried to express a protein using pGEX-4T-3 vector which provides a tag for
GST-fusion proteins.
Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work and also technical support is not
helpful. I tried everything, I believe the multicloningsite ist mutated. Or
its the moon's fault, who knows.

Does anyone use this vector and did you also have problems when trying to
clone a gene? (i used BamHI and XhoI restriction sites)

Does anyone have an idea which other vector i could use, most likely also
with a GST-tag for fusion proteins?

Thanks for the help!