what is the strongest protein-protein interaction?

Nick Theodorakis via methods%40net.bio.net (by nick.theodorakis from gmail.com)
Tue Nov 18 13:44:48 EST 2008

On Nov 16, 10:48 pm, "shifali  chatrath" <shifal... from rediffmail.com>
wrote:

> HI!
> Avidin-Biotin interation is strongest known interaction till date. It has affinity constant of femtomolar range, followed by antigen antibody interaction which is of picomolar range on an average.
> You can try tagging protein A with Biotin and B with Avidin.It wont interfere with protein function if yours are plant proteins. Biotin is Vit.B2.
> hope it helps.

Biotin is not a protein, and the OP was looking for an epitope tag to
put on A. I don't know of an easy way to biotinylate one specific
protein during biosynthesis.

Also, vitamin B2 is riboflavin, not biotin.

Nick

--
Nick Theodorakis
nick_theodorakis from hotmail.com