running ssDNA (30-1000nt) in denatured conditions

cutest_chemist from yahoo.com via methods%40net.bio.net (by cutest_chemist from yahoo.com)
Wed Nov 19 03:10:16 EST 2008

On Nov 5, 12:51 am, TC <tracyscie... from gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to run DNA under denatured conditions. Has anyone run single
> stranded DNA (30nt to 1000nt) under denatured conditions.
>
> I am trying to decide whether to run a low percentage urea acrylamide gel or
> an alkaline agarose gel.  Any thoughts/ideas?  I am thinking maybe running a
> low percentage (3-4%) urea acrylamide gel, but wonder that it may not be
> able to resolve ssDNA above couple hundred nucleotides in length even in low
> acrylamide such as 3-4%?  Any thoughts?  Has anyone run alkaline agaorse for
> ssDNA 30nt-1000nt?  If so, may I ask for your conditions?
>
> THANKS!
>
> Tracy

Hi...
I m currently using 20% Polyacrylamide gel(PAGE)for ssDNA (20-30 nt)
and 15% PAGE for ssDNA of 30-50mer.Its giving good results...Hope this
will help u..For more lengthy strans i think u should try 8-10% PAGE.

Regards