Aliquotting NHS-Biotin

Sun Nov 30 04:49:30 EST 2008

Dear Colleagues,

I have a 100mg sample of NHS biotin, currently stored at -20 in a
sealed container. I need to distribute and store in several aliquots.

I thought of dissolving it in essentially water-free DMSO and store
the aliquots again at -20 in small vials equipped with a gasket in the
lid.

Dos that work resp. what lifetime of the NHS may I expect?

Are are there any better alternatives? e.g. dissolving in absolute
CH2Cl2 (if soluble) and drying in a speed-vac before storage?

Your suggestions are welcome!

Wo