Promotor activity studies

Hannes Schleifer via methods%40net.bio.net (by mail.hatti from gmx.net)
Wed Sep 3 08:14:30 EST 2008

Hi to all!

I hope I found the right group for my question/request and that I am not
harming any rules in here.

I am looking for a reporter-vector for promotor-activity studies in
mammalian cells and thought of using blue-white-screening (our cells are
adherent and screening should be no problem). So therefore I am looking for
a promotorless vector witht the LacZ-gene after a MCS (and poly-A-signal,
... everthing which is necessary to get expression in mammalian cells) to
clone our promotor into.

I searched the web and literature and found a commercially available kit
from Clontech (Luminescent ?-galactosidase Reporter System 3) - does anyone
of you have experiences with it (and perhaps send me a little aliquot of the
two vectors p?gal-Basic & p?gal-Control provided in it).

Thanks in advance and kind regards,
   Hannes