Sequence alignment from BLAST output

Sat Sep 13 14:59:09 EST 2008

If there is, you should find a link from www.expasy.ch or
www.bioinformatik.de, two of the largest repositories of molecular tools
on the web.  But I wish there were tools which will do all our work
while we relax with a martini in front of the fireplace, but
unfortunately, some amount of work is required.  :-))
Jay

-----Original Message-----
From: methods-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu
[mailto:methods-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu] On Behalf Of ab
Sent: Saturday, September 13, 2008 1:46 AM
To: methods from magpie.bio.indiana.edu
Subject: Sequence alignment from BLAST output

Dear all,

Sorry about the silly question. Is there any website where one can BLAST
microbial genomes with a protein sequence, select a subset from the
BLAST output and make a multiple sequence alignment (with CLUSTAL_W or
equivalent) without the need to individually copy/paste every selected
sequence into a separate file ?

Thanks very much in advance.

Best,

Anirban.