Plasmid elution from filter problem

Daniel Prieto via methods%40net.bio.net (by dprieto from fcien.edu.uy)
Mon Sep 15 10:42:43 EST 2008

Hi all, I am trying to elute some plasmids from a whatman paper but do
not seem to achieve it. I tried the classic 50 uL water, 5 minutes at RT
and spinned down the paper. I am usually quite successful using this
technique with other plasmids. I "eluted" them this way and tried to
transform (2 different methods) with no results, I ran the DNA on an
agarose gel but could not see any band. The guys who sent it to me told
me they were concentrated enough to see them quite well with EtBr. I
have had them for almost a year in the filter prior to my attempts to
elute them, but I don't see much of a problem in that. Can someone give
me some suggestions to improve my yield with the elution?
Thank you,
Daniel