Transfection myoblast

laure d'astarac via methods%40net.bio.net (by lauredastarac from gmail.com)
Wed Sep 24 08:55:04 EST 2008

Hi,

I have to start transfection of AON and siRNA in my lab, where nobody has
experience...

So several questions about myoblast transfection with small RNAs (or
AONs...)

1/ what is the best transfection method to use: Electroporation Vs
Lipfectamin Vs other?

2/ If someone has general rules about minimum and maximum amount of AON -Si
RNA to use in transfection, in order to be efficient but not toxic... I
suppose i have to do several quantities, but values are arround ng,
microg???

3/ When harrest cells after transfection: 24h? 48? test both?

I am sorry about these basic questions.... and thank you for your help....

--
Claire Navarro
Stem cell laboratory