RNA extraction from human adipose tissue

larissa yuri via methods%40net.bio.net (by larissa_yuri from yahoo.com.br)
Wed Apr 1 10:03:17 EST 2009

Dear Shelley,
I'm a scientist of State University of Campinas (UNICAMP), in Brazil, and our laboratory have researched human isolated adipose tissue and its glucose metabolism during stress. I very would like to use molecular biology, specificaly the Real-Time PCR technique, to quantify adipocytes enzimes (whole tissue) and  receptors (isolated adipocytes). But I didn't find a protocol of RNA extraction specific to adipose tissue. Therefore, I ask you, please, the protocol of RNA Extraction in adipose tissue. I'll write you about my results.
Thanks for your attention
Larissa Yuri
Department of Physiology and Biophysics,
 Institute of Biology (home page: www.ib.unicamp.br),
State University of Campinas (UNICAMP), Campinas, Brazil