Actin expression in protein extracted from tissue

Peter Ellis via methods%40net.bio.net (by pjie2 from cam.ac.uk)
Thu Apr 2 17:31:42 EST 2009

DK wrote:
> In article <mailman.722.1238689793.13724.methods from net.bio.net>, "Kamalian, Laleh" <L.Kamalian from liverpool.ac.uk> wrote:
>> Hi, I have encountered a few problems after extracting protein from tissue =
>> sections.  The tissue sections I used were primary tumour sections produced=
>> in mouse using sub-coetaneous injection of a lung malignant cell line. The=
>> sections were kept in RNA-later solution for 48 hours,
>
> Since you are using a solution for which composition is unknown,
> it is impossible to say what might have happened to the cells/proteins
> in your samples during the storage...

RNALater is largely an extremely concentrated ammonium sulphate
solution.  It preserves RNA by precipitating out the RNAses in the
tissue.  Without knowing the composition of your lysis buffer, it's hard
to say whether you would have re-solubilised the actin in the sample.

Peter