CMC for SDS?

Matthew Connelly via methods%40net.bio.net (by MConnelly from lab901.com)
Fri Apr 17 04:43:41 EST 2009

CMC is dependent on ionic strength and can be difficult to predict accurately. Depending on how important it is that you know accurately or not, Bohuslav Gas' research group has done work on determining and predicting CMC of SDS under various conditions, including a very reliable method using system eigenmobilities by electrophoresis, which is better than the standard method of testing by conductivity.

-----Original Message-----
From: methods-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu [mailto:methods-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu] On Behalf Of David-Paul Minde
Sent: 17 April 2009 00:51
To: Yuling Li
Cc: methods from magpie.bio.indiana.edu
Subject: Re: CMC for SDS?

... you could try googling for SDS Critical micellar concentration ;)
There are no big secrets about that ...

2009/4/16, Yuling Li <Li from humacyte.com>:
> Dear Shaun:
>

> Do you happen to know what's the CMC of SDS giving the concentration of
> NaCL of 1 M?
>

> Do you know someone who can measure CMC of SDS?
>

> I am looking forward to your answers.
>

> Sincerely,
>

> Yuling
>

> Yuling Li, MD, Ph.D.
>
> Humacyte, Inc.
>
> PO Box 12695
>
> 7020 Kit Creek Road, Suite 230
>
> Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
>
> Phone: 919.313.9633 ext.234
>
> Cell: 919-225-1831
>
> Fax: 919.313.9634
>
> li from humacyte.com <mailto:li from humacyte.com>

David Minde MSc (TUM)

Cellular Protein Chemistry Room 707
Department of Chemistry
 Faculty of Science
 Utrecht University
Krytgebouw
 Padualaan 8
 NL-3584 CH Utrecht
 The Netherlands

 office phone +31 30 253 4105
 mobile phone +31(0)631154267

private address:
Griftkade 4 bis
3572 TW Utrecht

Science is what happens while we are making other plans (~John Lennon)