phenol in alcohol precip

Ed Siefker via (by ebs15242 from
Tue Apr 21 08:38:04 EST 2009

Hi.  I was a little hasty in doing some phenol/chloroform
preps of genomic DNA and apparently didn't remove all
the phenol before adding ethanol to precipitate.  How can
I recover from this?

I considered extracting with chloroform again, but I don't
know if the phases will still separate with ethanol in there.
Also, the DNA isn't in solution, so I'm guessing it would
collect at the interface.  If there were more DNA there,
I'd just fish it out with a pipette tip, but it's a small prep.

Any thoughts?  Thanks a bunch