Expression vector selection

yoginee budhkar via methods%40net.bio.net (by eenigoy from gmail.com)
Thu Dec 3 04:53:41 EST 2009

Dear All,

My colleagues are working on down stream processing of human G-CSF. The plan
includes scaling up at later stages.

They first plan to clone functional part of  G-CSF gene in E. coli. This
part does not include the N terminal signal peptide and obviously the start
codon ATG.

Can any one give me any suggestion about which expression system to go for?
They are particularly interested in vectors that
1. Have their own ATG
2. Are without His Tags etc. since these might interfere with the later DSP.
3. With a strong promoter.

Yoginee Budhkar
Contact: +91 9223355677