Separating PCR products on agarose gel with similar bp length

Peter Ellis via methods%40net.bio.net (by pjie2 from cam.ac.uk)
Fri Dec 4 17:24:55 EST 2009

umwong25 from cc.umanitoba.ca wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to separate 745bp, 646bp, and 655bp fragments on an agarose
> gel. I've separated the 745bp fragment but the other two fragments are
> not separating on a 2.5% agarose gel, running at 55V for 3.5 hours. I
> also want a crisp band because I am planning to cut these fragments out
> and extract the DNA for sequencing. Any suggestions?

Would it be simpler to clone the mixture and then just sequence half a
dozen clones until you get the right one?  Or is the band you want much
weaker than the others?

Peter