Separating PCR products on agarose gel with similar bp length

Rosario Díaz - González via methods%40net.bio.net (by rdiazg from ipb.csic.es)
Sat Dec 5 05:25:30 EST 2009

That's a good suggestion, and I can give a tip for settings: try 2V/cm of
agarose gel length for overnight running. It should work nicely.

On Fri, 4 Dec 2009 17:26:31 -0500, Taliaferro, Dwayne (NIH/NIMH) [F] wrote
> Run a larger gel (more distance between the + and - ends) overnight
> with 3% agarose.  You could also try a polyacrylamide gel as well,
> but I don't have experience running one for that purpose.  If its
> appropriate I'm sure someone will suggest the proper % and setup apparatus.
>
> On 12/4/09 4:17 PM, "umwong25 from cc.umanitoba.ca"
> <umwong25 from cc.umanitoba.ca> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to separate 745bp, 646bp, and 655bp fragments on an
> agarose gel. I've separated the 745bp fragment but the other two
> fragments are not separating on a 2.5% agarose gel, running at 55V for
> 3.5 hours. I also want a crisp band because I am planning to cut
> these fragments out and extract the DNA for sequencing. Any suggestions?

Instituto de Parasitologia y Biomedicina "Lopez-Neyra"
Avda. Conocimiento S/N
Parque Tecnologico Ciencias de la Salud
18100 Armilla - GRANADA
Spain