SDS that won't re-dissolve after autoclaving

Duncan Clark via methods%40net.bio.net (by blackhole from abuse.plus.com)
Mon Dec 21 06:50:50 EST 2009

Historians believe that in newspost
<mailman.1.1261168581.27757.methods from net.bio.net> on Fri, 18 Dec 2009,
Joshua Silverstein <silverstein.joshua from gmail.com> penned the following
literary masterpiece:
>It could be hydrolysis of SDS occurring during autoclaving, producing
>sulfuric acid and decanol.

Looks like that is the problem.

>If you can use a buffer, I highly suggest that..

Can't really.

>The reaction that occurs is further catalyzed by the product, thus it only
>gets faster and faster.  Hope this helps.

Must be the particular batch of Biorad SDS is very sensitive to this as
other supplies that we have seem fine.

Thanks to you and DK for your help.

Duncan
they go flying by.