PCR with two consecutive mutations

Pepa Florez Pérez via methods%40net.bio.net (by snipeurope from hotmail.com)
Wed Dec 23 05:35:27 EST 2009

Dear all,

I am trying to do a PCR using an oligo with two consecutive mutations. According to some algorithms the tm for this oligo is arount 67ºC (considering also the mutations). It was designed so there are aprox. 12 nts. on each site of the mutants that hibridize perfectly with the target sequence.

We have also run a PCR with hibridization temperatures of 42, 55, and 62. But it didn't work. Of couse, the positive control does.

Do you have any idea about why it is not working? Any further suggestion?

Thank you very much

Eva