PhiX174 + E. coli C = no plaques

Yoram Gerchman via (by gerchman from
Thu Dec 24 04:08:19 EST 2009

Greetings netters

I am trying to do some surface display on PhiX174 so I started with what should
have been a simple control. I bought PhiX174 replicative form 1 from Frmentas,
got some E. coli C (HF4704) from the E. coli stock center at Yale (Thanks again
guys!), mixed phage DNA + mid log HF4704 + top agar and poured on LB plates.
Left at 37C O.N. and got nice growth but no Plaques. Any idea what am I doing

Many thanks for any advice

This message was sent using IMP, the Webmail Program of Haifa University