Christian Praetorius via methods%40net.bio.net (by prae from gmx.net)
Mon Feb 2 04:06:53 EST 2009

Aawara Chowdhury <aawara from pontiff-playground.org> wrote:

>Oddly enough this has failed for me - many, many, times.  We use 1 mm gap
>cuvettes, and 1800 volts (25 uF capacitance, and I think 200 ohms
>resistance).  What are your settings?

I used the same settings, when we did electroporation. As long as the
cells were washed good enough, we never had problems with short
circuits. Since we have a quite good protocol for making
supercompetent cells, we moved away from it.