Detergent concentration for nuclear membrane dissolving

Werner Straube via (by straube from
Sun Feb 15 15:29:53 EST 2009

Hello everybody,

A friend of mine is interested isolating nuclear proteins. After he has
isolated the nuclei of cells he then wants to dissolve the nuclear
membrane without destroying the interactions of nuclear proteins.

We were already discussing the type and concentrations of detergents,
however we did not get final clue.

Can anyone help me out there with some suggestions or protocols or are
there good references (protocols) in the literature (for general
membrane dissolving and in particular nuclear membrane dissolving) ?

Thank you very much,