Detergent concentration for nuclear membrane dissolving

Mon Feb 16 09:18:57 EST 2009

Am 15.02.2009, 16:29 Uhr, schrieb Werner Straube <straube from biochem.mpg.de>:

> A friend of mine is interested isolating nuclear proteins. After he has
> isolated the nuclei of cells he then wants to dissolve the nuclear
> membrane without destroying the interactions of nuclear proteins.

In my experience positively charged detergents like CTAB can dissolve
nuclei very well (better than SDS) while at the same time are generally
mild (milder than OG or DM) to proteins. Whether or not the interaction
that your friend is interested in is maintained under these conditions
he/she will have to find out.