2D gel or MS? for comparison proteomic

Zhong Silin via methods%40net.bio.net (by stxsz1 from nottingham.ac.uk)
Wed Feb 25 11:29:14 EST 2009

Hi

I want to compare total protein level from two types of plant cells. Since my lab is made up of geneticists, I dont think we can do this experiment on our own. I would prefer to find a company who provide such services or collaborate with some other proteomic groups.

Before contacting them, could some one give me some idea about this type of experiment? I only know people have used 2D gel and MS/MS to compare protein levels in arabidopsis roots.

Thanks in advance
SZ