plasmid isolation by salting out

yoginee budhkar via methods%40net.bio.net (by eenigoy from gmail.com)
Fri Feb 27 01:30:06 EST 2009

Dear All,

There is a very routine and simple protocol for DNA isolation from whole
blood by salting out with saturated NaCl, will it be equally effective to
salt out plasmid DNA from bacteria?

As in, if we used the first three steps of resuspension with glucose tris
EDTA, alkaline lysis with SDS and NaOH and neutralisation with K acetate in
glacial acetic acid, in stead of going for spin column or phenol chloroform
or direct precipitation with alcohol, can we use the salting out protocol to
get good quality plasmid?

Regards,
-- Yg