Recombinant protein precipitating upon freezing

marguerite.b.colas from gsk.com via methods%40net.bio.net (by marguerite.b.colas from gsk.com)
Fri Feb 27 06:44:56 EST 2009

Hello Peter!

I work at a pharmaceutical company and have been working on this study
that involves freezing hemoglobin proteins, Every time we thaw our samples
we notice that they go cloudy.
At first we thought that we had been mixing our cell membrane pellet with
the cell content supernatant. However, the time we took extra care to
distinguish the supernatant from the pellet, we still noticed that our
samples went cloudy after thawing them from the freezer. All our samples
are kept in a -20c freezer.

If you think you might know what might be happening to our samples, please
let us know!

thank you very much for your attention!