Electrophoresis of dsDNA and ssDNA

Paul J. Phelan via methods%40net.bio.net (by Paul.Phelan from tufts.edu)
Thu Jan 1 18:31:05 EST 2009

I have a simple question that so far does not seem to have a simple answer.
I need to confirm that a 60-mer dsDNA oligo is double-stranded.
This is poly-dA/dT DNA.  Does anyone have a straightforward 1D
electrophoresis protocol that will separate single-stranded and
double-stranded forms of an oligonucleotide in the same range as a
60-mer oligo?
I have already been surprised to learn that in 7 M urea PAGE, ssDNA
will run SLOWER than dsDNA.  Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks in advance,

Paul