adhesion assay

Mohadese DastPeyman via methods%40net.bio.net (by molecular from khayam.ut.ac.ir)
Sun Jan 11 08:04:59 EST 2009

Dear Dr.Zbigniew Rudzki

I'm Mohadese Dastpeyman,MSC student of molecular cell biology at tehran
university,I saw your direction to Sebastien PARIS about adhesion assay at
this site
http://www.bio.net/bionet/mm/methods/1998-August/069662.html
as you are well experienced in adhesion assay would you please help me?
My thesis is about effect of a herbal drug on metastasis and invasion
properties of MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cells.
I want to test cell adhesion assay for this cells with collagen type 2.
now ,as you regarded before,there are a lot of protocols and I 'm wondering
between two of them  about counting of the remaining cells.some prptpcpls
suggested adding MTT,and some of them suggested fixing cells with christal
violet and then lysed cells with triton x 100 ,then read the absorbance at
550nm.
your suggestion is important to me,what do you thimk ?which of them is
better ?
is there any protocol that you accepted it as a standardize protocol?

With regards
Mohadese Dastpeyman

Department of molecular cell biology
Tehran University of  Sciences,