Difficult pcr templates

Carmen P Pena Diaz via methods%40net.bio.net (by C.P.Pena-Diaz from 2006.hull.ac.uk)
Tue Jan 20 11:21:18 EST 2009

Phusion polymerase & 5x GC buffer altogether (from Finnzymes) works wonders....
good luck

P.

-----Original Message-----
From: methods-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu on behalf of Scott Brown
Sent: Tue 20/01/2009 04:04
To: methods from magpie.bio.indiana.edu
Subject: Difficult pcr templates

Hi,

I have recently been using clontechs GC-2 advantage pcr mix to aid in
amplification of GC rich sequences, can anyone recommend or has anyone
trialed any other pcr mixes on the market?

Scott

Scott Brown
PhD Candidate
Molecular Carcinogenesis Program
Children's Cancer Institute of Australia for Medical Research
High Street (PO Box 81)
RANDWICK NSW 2031
AUSTRALIA

Phone: +61 2 9382 1829
Fax: +61 2 9382 1850

Email: sbrown from ccia.unsw.edu.au
Web: www.ccia.org.au <http://www.ccia.org.au/>

Children's Cancer Institute Australia is the only independent medical
research institute in Australia solely devoted to research into the
causes, prevention and cure of childhood cancer. Our vision is to save
the lives of all children with cancer and eliminate their suffering.

The information contained in this message and any annexure is
confidential and intended only for the named recipient(s). If you have
received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately
and destroy the original message.

Children's Cancer Institute Australia for Medical Research is the only independent medical research institute in Australia devoted to research into the causes, prevention, better treatment and ultimately a cure of childhood cancer. Our vision is to save the lives of all children with cancer and to eliminate their suffering.