Ammonium Formate

Derek Stein via methods%40net.bio.net (by derek_riley_stein from hotmail.com)
Thu Jan 22 18:10:27 EST 2009

=20
Hi=2C
=20
How would I go about making a 10mM ammonium formate=2CpH3=2C 25% ACN buffer=
 and then a 500mM ammonium formate=2CpH6.8=2C 25% ACN buffer.  I want to ju=
st weigh out the crystal form ammonium formate and then adjust the pH.  But=
 this may be wrong.  Someone has told me to start with formic acid and adju=
st the pH with ammonium-OH.  This is all well an good for the first solutio=
n but the second solution would (500mM) have way to much formic acid in it =
for me to get the pH up to 6.8.  Not sure how to properly make each of thes=
e buffers.
=20
Derek
Derek Stein Masters Student 507-745 Bannatyne Avenue Department of Medical =
Microbiology University of Manitoba Winnipeg=2C Manitoba R3E 0J9Ph: (204) 7=
89-3202 Cell: (204) 290-5996
Web Site: http://www.mrsi.ca