salmon sperm DNA and glycogen

Rollie, Adrienne via methods%40net.bio.net (by arollie from chla.usc.edu)
Wed Jan 28 14:42:14 EST 2009

Hello,
  I am wondering about the interchangeability of salmon sperm DNA and glycogen as 'carriers'.  I thought that these play different roles, but have recently been told that they can both be used for certain applications.  I will be eluting DNA off of a streptavidin bead/biotinylated probe for PCR, and the elution buffer protocol calls for salmon sperm DNA.  I'm curious if this would be one of the times, but since I'm not precipitating the DNA and the 'carrier' function here is more likely to override any non-specific nucleotide binding to the probes or beads, I'm not sure. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks!

or legally privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure
or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of this original message.