flurescent proteins

Fulvio Celsi via methods%40net.bio.net (by fulvio.celsi from gmail.com)
Tue Jul 14 11:55:37 EST 2009

Hi
usually depends on your exc/abs filter...and also what kind of gfp are
talking about...as a rule of thumb, I would say that =/- 15-20 nm is ok..for
semi-quantitave measuring...for just visualizing gfp, you can go down to 450
or also 420 (exc) and 525-550 (em)
In any case, use invitrogen spectra viewer
http://www.invitrogen.com/site/us/en/home/support/Research-Tools/Fluorescence-SpectraViewer.html
to check the compatibility with your filtersets...
best..
Fulvio

Fulvio Celsi
BsC,PhD
Sector of Neurobiology,
International School for Advanced Studies, Scuola Internazionale di Studi
Superiori Avanzati (SISSA),
Trieste
Italy