Help in Primer designing for expression...

Duncan Clark via methods%40net.bio.net (by blackhole from abuse.plus.com)
Mon Jul 20 08:22:01 EST 2009

Historians believe that in newspost
<mailman.618.1248049891.21502.methods from net.bio.net> on Sun, 19 Jul 2009,
Dr. Hiranya S. Roychowdhury <hroychow from nmsu.edu> penned the following
literary masterpiece:
>Since the ATG start codon is part of the NCO1 sequence,  we use that RE
>site for in-frame ligation.  So, if your amplicon is digested and
>religated at the NCO1 site, you should be fine.

Just remember that for Nco I,  the codon following the ATG must start
with a G  either original or you must add one i.e.  CC - ATG - GNN

Also pick the correct pET21 i.e. pET21d  :-)

For this reason I much prefer to use Nde I whenever possible i.e.
CATATG. No problems with extra aa's.

Duncan
they go flying by.

Duncan Clark