Homemade chemifluorescence

Arne K Christensen via methods%40net.bio.net (by arnec from bio.umass.edu)
Mon Jul 20 14:35:38 EST 2009

Dear listeners,

Our lab is considering a switch from enhanced chemiluminescence (ECL) to
chemifluorescence (ECF), as we may soon have access to a Storm 860
phosphorimager.  The folks at Molecular Dynamics suggest ECF over ECL
for HRP detection with the Storm 860.

What is troubling is that our lab would have to abandon its cheap and
effective homemade ECL protocol consisting of H2O2 + (luminol + coumaric
acid).

Does anybody know of a cheap and effective homemade ECF protocol?

Thanks in advance,
Arne Christensen

--

__

Arne K Christensen

Postdoctoral Research Associate
University of Massachusetts, Amherst

USGS Conte Anadromous Fish Research Center
One Migratory Way, PO Box 796
Turners Falls, MA  01376

Email: arnec from bio.umass.edu
Phone: (413) 863-3827