Need help for EMSA(GElshift assay)

Mandar Ankolkar via methods%40net.bio.net (by mankolkar from yahoo.co.in)
Mon Mar 30 05:35:20 EST 2009

Dear Mr. Heinz-Juergen Schaefers,
 My name is Mandar. I am a PhD student from India. I am trying to do EMSA (Gelshift assay)  for my work . However I want to bind antibody to my DNA instead of a nuclear extract or a protein. I came across your thread posted in Bionet (I know long back but still..). I was wondering can I use the same protocoland the recipies of the buffers that you have posted for my case also. I am feeling a little worried about the DTT and PMSF and triton X which will kill my antibody. Also can you tell me the significance of the MgCl2 and EDTA in the protocol. If you have any useful and article or reference on EMSA protocol, Kindly forward it to me.

Waiting for your reply,

Thanking You,

Mandar