Peptide in solution

Nick Theodorakis via methods%40net.bio.net (by nick.theodorakis from gmail.com)
Wed May 6 13:12:58 EST 2009

On May 6, 12:35 pm, "Yvonne Couch" <yvonne.co... from pharm.ox.ac.uk>
wrote:
> I have a peptide dissolved in PBS at 1mg/ml, I want to concentrate it, is it
> possible to get the peptide out of solution in order to concentrate it?
>
> Cheers
>
> Yvonne

You could bind it to a (for example) C-18 column, elute it with a
volatile eluant such as acetonitrile, and lyophilize it. There are
some disposable C-18 cartridges called Sep-Pak made by Waters that
might be suitable.

Nick

--
Nick Theodorakis