Peptide in solution

Yvonne Couch via methods%40net.bio.net (by yvonne.couch from pharm.ox.ac.uk)
Fri May 8 04:28:41 EST 2009

Hi all,
Thanks for the brilliant advice and this seems silly now but I don't know
how I would go about lyophilizing a peptide, can anyone help?
Cheers again!
Yvonne

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul J. Phelan [mailto:Paul.Phelan from tufts.edu]
Sent: 06 May 2009 19:04
To: Yvonne Couch
Cc: methods from magpie.bio.indiana.edu
Subject: Re: Peptide in solution

I would concentrate the peptide in a "Speed-vac": you freeze it and
then put it in a centrifuge under vacuum, the solvent will evaporate,
but the PBS salts will be concentrated along with the peptide.
Otherwise, you could lyophilize the peptide and re-dissolve it with
H2O, to whatever volume you like.