Peptide in solution

Fri May 8 14:31:07 EST 2009

Am 06.05.2009, 12:35 Uhr, schrieb Yvonne Couch
<yvonne.couch from pharm.ox.ac.uk>:

> I have a peptide dissolved in PBS at 1mg/ml, I want to concentrate it,
> is it
> possible to get the peptide out of solution in order to concentrate it?

Put the solution into a dialysis bag and put some PEG 20,000 outside. The
stuff is hygroscopic and sucks the water out of the bag. Dry Sephadex
works to, but is more expensive. Just look after the thing from time to
time, you don't want all the water removed from your sample.

Centrifugal concentrators (e.g. Millipore) or Amicon pressure cells also
work.