smart oligo

Seong Hwan Park via methods%40net.bio.net (by kuforen from gmail.com)
Mon May 11 20:02:29 EST 2009

The SMART oligo has three RNA bases at 3' end.
However, I've read an article about cDNA library technique, which
describes that authors used just DNA bases at 3' end of SMART oligo
and got a good result.
I think d(GGG) instead of r(GGG) will also work, but less efficiently.
In the patent document of SMART oligo, addition of phosphate to the 3'
end of r(GGG) made the background clean.

Seong