Acid phosphatase

Fri May 15 11:49:27 EST 2009

Am 14.05.2009, 22:39 Uhr, schrieb Sakkthi subramaniyam
<sakkthi18 from gmail.com>:

> Hai can any one give me complete procedure for estimation of ACID
> PHOSPHATASE, INVERTASE AND SUCROSE SYNTHASE with calculation formula.
> Please dude I got procedures but I couldn't sort out how to arrive
> mathematically.Here are references for those estimations

Then you need to get a good book on enzymology and learn how to work this
out, it is not rocket science.

For example, if you release nitrophenol from p-nitrophenylphosphate by a
phosphatase, the determination is by photometry. The absorbance is related
to the concentration of NP (the product) by Lambert-Beer's law.
Concentration times volume gives amount, amount by time gives activity.
Activity divided by protein amount in the assay gives specific activity.

In your case I would recommend:

I.H. Segel: Biochemical Calculations, 2nd Ed. (Wiley) 1976, ISBN
978-0471774211

Don't be confused by the age of this book, maths hasn't changed much in
the last 30 years!