SUMO antibody problem

Nikola Wenta via methods%40net.bio.net (by Nikola.Wenta from nottingham.ac.uk)
Mon May 18 04:57:41 EST 2009

Hi all!
Does anyone have tried to detect SUMOylated protein? I have performed in vitro SUMOylation as well as in vivo. In both cases, I was able to detect my protein and a higher molecular protein band, corresponding to presumably the SUMOylated protein with the protein-specific antibody. However, when I use a SUMO-specific antibody, I fail to detect the SUMOylated protein. Does anyone have any suggestions how to get the SUMO antibody working? Would it be advisable to perform other methods to detect SUMOylation, i.e. MS?
Thank you for any suggestions!
Niko